Skip to main content
  1. Home
  2. Gaming
  3. News

Titanfall 2 likely to seek wider audiences by dropping Xbox exclusivity

Add as a preferred source on Google

Titanfall‘s sequel will not be exclusive to Windows and Xbox like the first game was, publisher Electronic Arts have suggested. According to IGN, EA chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen told the Technology, Internet & Media conference that the as-yet-unannounced sequel will “probably” happen, and on multiple platforms:

“Last year it was on the Xbox only; in the future, we haven’t yet announced, but we’ll probably have another Titanfall game. It will probably be a bigger footprint than just a single platform. I think that’s a huge positive for us.”

Recommended Videos

Developer Respawn Entertainment’s debut launched in March of 2014, exclusively for Windows and Xbox platforms. Although that game was confirmed as a “lifetime” exclusive on Microsoft’s machines, rumors prior to the launch suggested that a sequel would not be locked in to one family of platforms like its predecessor.

According to IGN, Jorgensen explained that EA intends to launch at least one new first-person shooter per year. This year is set with Battlefield Hardline and the revival of Star Wars: Battlefront, and 2016 centers around Battlefield 5 (and possibly the Mirror’s Edge sequel). Whether Titanfall‘s follow-up arrives in 2016 or later is still up in the air, though Repawn did confirm to Game Informer that 2015 would be a quiet, “heads down, back to work” kind of year, so don’t anticipate any new releases from the team in the immediate future.

Will Fulton
Former Staff Writer, Gaming
Will Fulton is a New York-based writer and theater-maker. In 2011 he co-founded mythic theater company AntiMatter Collective…
James Bond fans are bailing on 007 First Light after IO Interactive pulls a classic villain move
James Bond fans are canceling pre-orders faster than Q can build a gadget.
James Bond smirks in 007: First Light.

The James Bond gaming comeback just hit a speed bump. Six days before the May 27th release of 007 First Light, a Denuvo (a controversial anti-tamper software) DRM disclaimer quietly appeared on its Steam listing. Many fans who had pre-ordered the game found this reason enough to cancel.

This isn't an isolated incident. Publishers have made a habit of adding Denuvo close to launch. Crimson Desert did the same thing in March, giving players almost no warning, which led to significant backlash. IO Interactive is even worse, giving buyers only a six-day notice.

Read more
GeForce Now just got Forza Horizon 6 and Disco Elysium’s weird new cousin
Nvidia just added the hottest racing game and Disco Elysium’s spiritual successor to GeForce Now
Forza

GeForce Now is having a pretty good week if you have a very diverse palette for games. From next-gen visuals in racing to a narrative-driven RPG, Nvidia has a great set of games for you to try out. The company's latest cloud gaming update brings Forza Horizon 6 alongside Zero Parades: For Dead Spies, the new RPG from ZA/UM, the studio behind the critically acclaimed Disco Elysium.

Forza Horizon 6 hits GeForce Now

Read more
Destiny 2 is finally riding into the sunset after nearly 12 years
Bungie says goodbye to Destiny 2 live-service content after The Final Shape
Characters shooting in Destiny 2.

Destiny 2’s live-service journey is coming to an end, closing out one of the longest-running and most influential eras in modern online gaming. In a message to players, Bungie confirmed that it will release the final live-service content update for Destiny 2 on June 9, 2026. The studio described the decision as the studio moves to a "new beginning", with the focus now shifting to incubating new games.

Is Destiny 2 finally dying?

Read more