Skip to main content
  1. Home
  2. Gaming
  3. News

Ubisoft says new Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, The Crew games coming in the next year

Add as a preferred source on Google

Ubisoft is already off to a big start this year with Ghost Recon: Wildlands and For Honor, and the publisher isn’t showing any signs of slowing down. Over the next year, we’ll see new installments in the Assassin’s Creed and Far Cry franchises, as well as a return to open-world racing in The Crew 2.

“In 2017-18, we will see the exciting returns of Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, The Crew, and South Park,” said Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot in an earnings report.

Recommended Videos

Of those four games, only South Park: The Fractured But Whole had actually already been announced. Ubisoft confirmed the existence of Far Cry 5 on the game’s Twitter page Tuesday, as well as The Crew 2. The original The Crew game used an always-online design approach similar to what was seen in The Division, though it wasn’t a particularly big hit among critics.

After taking last year off, the next Assassin’s Creed — rumored to be called Assassin’s Creed: Origins — will reportedly take players to Egypt and will contain boating sequences like those seen in Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. The director of Black Flag is also rumored to be working on the project — his Twitter currently says that he’s working on an “unannounced project.”

What’s perhaps even more interesting than the games scheduled for release within the next year are those that are not. The Splinter Cell series hasn’t seen a new installment since 2013, and Rayman fans are still waiting for a true sequel to Rayman Legends. It also appears that a sequel to The Division is still a little further off, and the continued legs of Rainbow Six: Siege mean that it’ll likely survive for quite a bit longer without a follow-up.

Gabe Gurwin
Gabe Gurwin has been playing games since 1997, beginning with the N64 and the Super Nintendo. He began his journalism career…
Destiny 2 is finally riding into the sunset after nearly 12 years
Bungie says goodbye to Destiny 2 live-service content after The Final Shape
Characters shooting in Destiny 2.

Destiny 2’s live-service journey is coming to an end, closing out one of the longest-running and most influential eras in modern online gaming. In a message to players, Bungie confirmed that it will release the final live-service content update for Destiny 2 on June 9, 2026. The studio described the decision as the studio moves to a "new beginning", with the focus now shifting to incubating new games.

Is Destiny 2 finally dying?

Read more
Ubisoft wants a comeback with Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Ghost Recon, and one AI experiment that has players worried
Ubisoft’s first playable gen-AI project is coming, and gamers are already skeptical
Ubisoft Vantage Studios Games

Ubisoft is trying to rebuild momentum. It is banking on its biggest franchises for this comeback, as revealed in its latest earnings report. But the French publisher/studio isn't just relying on the familiar names and is even bringing generative AI as the next experience.

According to Ubisoft’s FY2025-26 earnings report, the company expects a much stronger content pipeline across FY2027-28 and FY2028-29, with releases tied to major brands including Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, and Ghost Recon.

Read more
Sony’s Days of Play 2026 sale may skip the PS5 at the worst possible time
PS4 holdouts hoping for a PS5 discount may be out of luck
Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware

It was recently confirmed that the next Call of Duty game will not launch on the PS4, putting more pressure on longtime holdouts to finally upgrade. Sony’s Days of Play 2026 sale would have been the perfect opportunity to buy a PS5 at a discount, especially after the recent console price hike. However, according to a new Dealabs report from reliable tipster billbil-kun, that may not be happening this year.

What discounts are expected during Days of Play 2026?

Read more